Friday 18 May 2012

Patch update - mid May


A few hours on the patch over the last week have kept things ticking over nicely with new migrants added on most visits. The Common Tern at Kingsley sand pit remains in residence adding weight to the theory that they do breed somewhere locally. A sunny afternoon last week saw me scanning for raptors from the Wyck road and tally up five species, a nice close flyby Hobby the highlight. 6+ Wheatear in a ploughed field here were also very nice. Lesser Whitethroat and Garden Warbler are now on the list and Little Ringed Plover along with the previously recorded Common sandpiper make up the waders I could reasonably expect to get.

I will doubtless remain in the lower half of the table but Kingsley is hardly evenly matched against the likes of Blashford, Fishlake, Fleet Pond etc. I set myself a goal of 100 species and that looks well within reach since I’m currently on 93 with I’d like to think a few easy ones still to fall

No comments:

Post a Comment