Monday 8 August 2011

Titchfield Haven – 7th August

After dipping Roseate Tern at Titchfield Haven last week I had been reluctant to make the trek over to Titchfield again for fear of another dipping session. But at least one bird had continued to be reported all week and this morning I felt I may as well give it another go. On my arrival I started to scan the small gathering of Terns on the beach in front of the sailing club to no avail, the tide was high and I expected to have to wait until the large number of Terns in the Solent returned to roost on the exposed shingle as the tide dropped. I could see there were a few Terns on the river and around the island near the visitors centre and so I wandered over to the viewing area and began to scan through them. It wasn't long before I noticed the Roseate Tern in the photographs below. 








No comments:

Post a Comment