Sunday 18 September 2011

Baird's Sandpiper, Pennington - 15th September

I bit of a mad dash to Pennington this afternoon in the hope of connecting with the reported Baird's Sandpiper. I had approximately four hours to spare which left me with two hours to see the bird, it seemed like enough time, but two hours turned into an hour and a half and when i arrived the bird hadn't been seen for some time, a few useful conversation and text were exchanged (thanks SI and SP) and i relocated the bird at the back of Butts Lagoon with half and hour to spare......Phew. I enjoyed some good scope views but sadly for photos it needed to be on the Shoveler pools. An added bonus during the afternoon was five flyover Spoonbills. I got home a bit late but no harm done and another Hants tick in the bag.

Two record shots below












No comments:

Post a Comment